Basic Blueprint Reading
with ON LINE
This program teaches learners the basics behind how to read blueprints. Key concepts taught in this program include print reading, understanding drawings and schematics, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
Occupations Trained For: All Skilled Trades
Length: 124 hours
Estimated Time to Completion: 12 weeks
Basic Blueprint Reading provides students with flexible courseware and instruction that enables them to understand the various types of blueprints, shop prints and schematics used in an industrial environment. Learning to read blueprints, trainees discover how to comprehend, and interpret the different types of standard symbols and abbreviations found on electrical construction drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Define different types of scales used on drawings.
- Identify the height, width, and length dimensions of a drawing.
- Interpret the various symbols and notations used on drawings.
- Draw multiview sketches of simple objects that accurately show all the details of the objects.
This course covers the following material:
- READING PRINTS & SCHEMATICS BLOCK X252EM
- BUILDING DRAWINGS 186043
- ELECTRICAL DRAWINGS AND CIRCUITS 186044
- ELECTRONIC DRAWINGS 186045
- HYDRAULIC AND PNEUMATIC DRAWINGS 186046
- PIPING DRAWINGS, MATERIALS, AND PARTS 186047
- WELDING SYMBOLS 186048
- SHEET METAL BASICS 186049
- SKETCHING 186050
- ELEMENTS OF PRINT READING, PT1 6719 A
- ELEMENTS OF PRINT READING 6719 B
- READING SHOP PRINTS, PART 1 386043
- READING SHOP PRINTS, PART 2 386044
- READING ELECTRICAL SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS 006022
- ELECTRICAL BLUEPRINT READING 006036
This course is WIOA Approved.
For more info, call us at (603) 206-8160