Filter by Category
Advanced Hydronic Systems I – Principles & Procedures
with Jeff Gaumer
HVAC industry professionals are discovering the value of in-depth training in Hydronic HVAC Systems. Experience in HVAC Hydronic System test principles & procedures will identify and diagnose the many issues found within a Hydronic HVAC Systems. Provide measured and proven results to your customers. Theory and Lab on live operating Hot & Chilled Water Hydronic HVAC Systems.
Day 1 Training:
- Hydronic System fundamentals review
- Preparing for a Hydronic System Testing Project
- Hydronic system test instruments, old school to modern technology
- Characteristics of centrifugal pumps
- Pump operation
- Pump arrangements and effects of system pressures and flow
- Pump curve basics, utilization, and analysis
- Determining Flow utilizing Pump as a flow meter
- Pump speed testing, adjustment, and electrical testing
- Temperature principles theory. System temperature differential profiles
- Pump and System flow measurement procedures. Instrument selection and implementation
- How to determine Flow utilizing temperature, pressure, rated coils, and valve flow coefficients
- Testing procedures for several types of Hydronic Systems
- Specific testing procedures for Variable Flow Hydronic Systems
Day 2 Training:
- Review of Hydronic System Test Reports
- Introduction to flow measuring devices and circuit setters
- Flow measurement and adjustment procedures
- Interpreting system pressure & flow. Identifying system flow issues
- Adaptation of test procedures and test results for Hydronic System service diagnostics
- Test In and Test out procedures
- Proper reporting of test results for corrective actions
- Final Test report submission
Instructor: Jeff Gaumer. 36 years of experience in the HVAC industry, with 24 years exclusively in HVAC Test & Balance.
This course is a pre-requisite for:
Advanced Hydronic Systems II & III
Refreshments and Lunch will be provided.
Basic Blueprint Reading
with ON LINE
This program teaches learners the basics behind how to read blueprints. Key concepts taught in this program include print reading, understanding drawings and schematics, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
Occupations Trained For: All Skilled Trades
Length: 124 hours
Estimated Time to Completion: 12 weeks
Basic Blueprint Reading provides students with flexible courseware and instruction that enables them to understand the various types of blueprints, shop prints and schematics used in an industrial environment. Learning to read blueprints, trainees discover how to comprehend, and interpret the different types of standard symbols and abbreviations found on electrical construction drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Define different types of scales used on drawings.
- Identify the height, width, and length dimensions of a drawing.
- Interpret the various symbols and notations used on drawings.
- Draw multiview sketches of simple objects that accurately show all the details of the objects.
This course covers the following material:
- READING PRINTS & SCHEMATICS BLOCK X252EM
- BUILDING DRAWINGS 186043
- ELECTRICAL DRAWINGS AND CIRCUITS 186044
- ELECTRONIC DRAWINGS 186045
- HYDRAULIC AND PNEUMATIC DRAWINGS 186046
- PIPING DRAWINGS, MATERIALS, AND PARTS 186047
- WELDING SYMBOLS 186048
- SHEET METAL BASICS 186049
- SKETCHING 186050
- ELEMENTS OF PRINT READING, PT1 6719 A
- ELEMENTS OF PRINT READING 6719 B
- READING SHOP PRINTS, PART 1 386043
- READING SHOP PRINTS, PART 2 386044
- READING ELECTRICAL SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS 006022
- ELECTRICAL BLUEPRINT READING 006036
This course is WIOA Approved.
Intro to Cybersecurity
with ThriveDX SaaS
Introduce your learners to the exciting world of cybersecurity
Intro to Cyber is an online, self-paced, 30-hour introductory course that’s ideal for learners who are curious about the world of cyber and want to get familiar with this exciting industry. The course is the best way for students to gain the fundamentals of cybersecurity, discover the different roles in the field and learn how each makes an impact, and become the next generation of cyber professionals.
Our Course Includes:
INDUSTRY DRIVEN CONTENT
Developed by subject matters experts, the course focuses on teaching industry- aligned content and the most relevant skills employers seek. Learners will gain foundational cybersecurity knowledge and practical hands-on skills, as well as exposure to industry tools.
A UNIQUE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Intro to Cybersecurity leverages modern learning methodologies and instructional design, providing students with an engaging and effective learning experience and an effective foray in cybersecurity. The course simulates a real-world Olympics cyber-attack scenario and takes students on a journey to become cyber analysts in order to save the Olympics from cyber criminals.
CYBER EDUCATION, SIMPLIFIED
Intro to Cyber is browser-based and doesn’t require any installation for educators or learners. This turnkey course integrates with all types of LMS and can be easily added to an existing semester program to enhance the current curriculum. Its online delivery provides students with flexibility in their choice of learning style and time management.
Supervisory Skills for the Industrial Workplace
with ON LINE
In this course, you’ll focus on two things: learning how to move through your program and an introductory lesson to your Supervisory Skills program.
In your first lesson, you’ll develop the necessary skills to ensure your success in the program. You’ll learn how you can improve your study skills, so you’re able to use a number of tools that will help you to be successful.
In your second lesson, you’ll learn more background on a supervisor’s roles and responsibilities. This includes an overview of effective leadership and identifying responsibilities and potential challenges or opportunities that might appear in the role.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Identify skills needed to be a confident and independent online learner
- Define the significance of a supervisor, including key opportunities available in the industrial sectors
On average this course is 60 hours of independent, online instruction.
For more detailed information: Supervisory Skills for the Industrial Workplace PROGRAM OUTLINE
This course is WIOA Approved.